Radiographic Findings of Congenital Facial Infiltrating Lipomatosis: A Case Report
Congenital diffuse infiltrating lipomatosis of the face (CDIL-F) is a rare clinicopathological entity with an unknown etiology, in which mature adipose tissue infiltrates the soft tissue structures in one side, and causes considerable asymmetry. Herein, we report a case of CDIL-F who underwent many surgical procedures without definite diagnosis during 12 years. CDIL-F presents symptoms with various severity levels due to infiltration of adipose tissue that makes removal difficult. Thus, it is recommended to inform patients about the high rate of recurrence.
2. Sahai S, Rajan S, Singh N, Arora H. Congenital infiltrating lipomatosis of the face with exophytic temporomandibular joint ankylosis: a case report and review of the literature. Dentomaxillofac Radiol.2013;42(3):16128745.
3. Weiss SW, Goldblum JR, editors. 4th ed. London;Enzinger and Weiss's Soft Tissue Tumors; 2002, 574.
4. Singh K, Sen P, Musgrove BT, Thakker N. Facial infiltrating lipomatosis: a case report and review of literature. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2011;2(7):201-5.
5. Slavin SA, Baker DC, McCarthy JG, Mufarrij A. Congenital infiltrating lipomatosis of the face: clinicopathologic evaluation and treatment.Plast. Reconstr. surg. 1983 Aug;72(2):158-64.
6. Bouletreau P, Breton P, Freidel M. Congenital infiltrating lipomatosis of the face: case report. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2000 Jul;58(7):807- 10.
7. Kang N, Ross D, Harrison D. Unilateral hypertrophy of the face associated with infiltrating lipomatosis. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998 Jul;56(7):885-7.
8. Kim J-E, Gottschall JA, Bachman RP, Nemzer L, Puligandla B, Schauer G. Facial infiltrating lipomatosis: physical, radiological, and histopathological findings. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010 Mar;136(3):301-3.
9. Li Y, Chang G, Si L, Zhang H, Chang X, Chen Z, et al. Congenital Infiltrating Lipomatosis of the Face: Case Report and Literature Review. Ann Plast Surg. 2018 Jan;80(1):83.
10. Nair N, Ramachandran A. Congenital infiltrating lipomatosis of the face. Medical Journal of DY Patil Vidyapeeth. 2018 Sep;11(5):439.
11. Padwa BL, Mulliken JB. Facial infiltrating lipomatosis. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001 Nov;108(6):1544-54.
12. D’souza D, Babu GS, Shetty SR, Rasquinha V. Congenital infiltrating lipomatosis of the face: A case report with review of literature. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2014 Jul;5(3):303-5.
13. Mahadevappa A, Raghavan VH, Ravishankar S, Manjunath GV. Congenital infiltrating lipomatosis of the face: a case report. Case Rep Pediatr. 2012(2); 134646.
14. Heymans O, Ronsmans C. Congenital infiltrating lipomatosis of the face. Eur J Plast Surg. 2005;28(3):186-9.
15. Capra V, Severino M, Rossi A, Nozza P, Doneda C, Perri K, et al. Pituitary deficiency and congenital infiltrating lipomatosis of the face in a girl with deletion of chromosome 1q24. 3q31. 1. Am J Med Genet A. 2014 Feb;164(2):495-9.
16. Maclellan RA, Luks VL, Vivero MP, Mulliken JB, Zurakowski D, Padwa BL, et al. PIK3CA activating mutations in facial infiltrating lipomatosis. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014 Jan;133(1):12e-9e.
17. Kamal D, Breton P, Bouletreau P. Congenital infiltrating lipomatosis of the face: report of three cases and review of the literature. J. Cranio-Maxillofac. Surg. 2010 Dec;38(8):610-4.
18. Van Wingerden JJ, Erlank J, Becker JH. Liposuction for congenital infiltrating lipomatosis of the face. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1988 Jun;81(6):989.
19. Urs AB, Jeyaseelan Augustine PK, Arora S, Aggarwal N, Sultana N. Infiltrating lipomatosis of the face: A case series. J Nat Sc Biol Med. 2013 Jan;4(1):252-7.
20. Tracy JC, Klement GL, Scott AR. Interdisciplinary management of congenital infiltrating lipomatosis. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2013 Dec;77(12):2071-4.
|Issue||Vol 19 (Continuously Published Article-Based)|
|Congenital Abnormalities Facial Asymmetry Lipomatosis Prognathism|
|Rights and permissions|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|